  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3222] Re: [mg3193] What is Mathmatica
  • From: Lou Talman <me at talmanl.mscd.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 02:58:23 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thomas Bates wrote:

>  if I used the program to learn calculus would I have

> learned the subject just as well as if I learned it the old
> fashion way?

That depends upon how you used Mathematica and on what you
mean by "the old fashion way".  If you used a text such as
the (electronic text) _Calculus & Mathematica_,
by Davis, Porta, & Uhl (Addison-Wesley), you might even learn
calculus *better* than if you learned it in a variety of
old-fashioned ways.

--Lou Talman

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====