Re: Postscript o/p to file can/t be read by ghostview

  • Subject: [mg3285] Re: Postscript o/p to file can/t be read by ghostview
  • From: c517402 at cclabs.missouri.edu (Jim McClune)
  • Date: 23 Feb 1996 13:58:08 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com

A. S. Arvind (asarvind at astro.ocis.temple.edu) wrote:

: I am trying to use the Display["filename",Graphics]  command
: to write a graphics file into a postscript file  to later
: include in a TeX document.  Unfortunately the postscript
: file generated by MMA does seem to be complying to the Adobe
: standard, because "ghostview" does not read it properly
: and I can't print that postscript file to a printer either

I have had exactly the same problem when I use the
PlotVectorField command.  When I try to print the
notebook or the graphic the printer chokes on it.
When I tried to get around the problem by saving
as a .ps file, MMA writes a file which nothing
understands.

--
Jim McClune
223 Physics