Temperature conversion

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg3022] Temperature conversion
  • From: "Daryl Reece" <reece_d%a1.clust.CLUST.umc at>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 03:32:55 -0500

   When using Miscellaneous`SIUnits`,
   SI[60 Celsius] erroneously returns 60 Kelvin.  Is there a modification
that I can make to the package to make it convert 60 Celsius to 333 Kelvin
but still convert 60 Celsius/Watt to 60 Kelvin/Watt.  This might be a
limitation of SIUnits that can't be overcome.   In that case when I feed a
temperature to a package, what is the recommended way to guarantee that
this erroneous conversion doesn't take place?
   Thanks in advance,
   Reece_d at