Unix Kernel with Windows frontend?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2921] Unix Kernel with Windows frontend?
- From: Dieter Baurecht <Dieter.Baurecht at univie.ac.at>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 01:11:03 -0500
- Organization: University of Vienna
Is it possible to use an UNIX (SGI) Kernel of mathematica from a PC where the windows frontend 2.2.3 is running? How can I setup the win-frontend to connect to the Unix-Kernel. I have PC/TCP installed. I can also use X-Windows to run the frontend on the SGI. The amount of data, which are stored on my PC, are some times too much for the Win-Version (16MB + 32MB VM) of Mathematica. In that cases I want to use my windows notebooks (with ReadList commands on the PC) with the SGI Kernel. -- Dieter Baurecht (mailto:Dieter.Baurecht at univie.ac.at) ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====