Re: Mathematica Plots -> Editing using Canvas or Illustrator ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2930] Re: Mathematica Plots -> Editing using Canvas or Illustrator ?
  • From: larry at aoainc.com (Larry Schmutz)
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 03:19:02 -0500

In Article <4cqjr5$ig5 at dragonfly.wri.com>, anoop at cco.caltech.edu (PA) wrote:
>Hi There,
>
>I have a complicated plot generated in mathematica that
>I would like to edit (add text and other graphics) to using
>a graphics program like Canvas or Adobe Illustrator on the mac.
>
>Is there a simple way to do this? How do I save the plot?
>How do I open it using the illustration program.
>A mathematica book that I have says that this is possible,
>but it doesn't say how!
>
>Any help would be *really* appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Anoop
>
>anoop at cco.caltech.edu

One way is to select the cell containing the graphics, use the Convert to
PICT... option under the Graph menu choice, copy the converted cell to the
clipboard, go to an open Canvas window, and Paste. All controls over PICT
objects will work, including polygon editing of any curves (so you can fake
data) text editing, etc. Good luck.

Larry Schmutz
Adaptive Optics Associates
54 CambridgePark Drive