  • Subject: [mg2956] multiplying sets
  • From: titosa at uta.fi (Tommi Salminen)
  • Date: 17 Jan 1996 04:40:52 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at wri.com

I have a problem as follows:

I have a set, for instance: s={{a,b,c},{d,e},{f,g}}, and I would like
to get a set t, that includes all possible multiplications between
those three sets {a,b,c}, {d,e} and {f,g}.

Of course, one way would be :

     Outer[Times,{a,b,c},{d,e},{f,g}], but I'd like find some kind
of a more reasonable way to do it, because it would be just a part
of a larger program. Anyway, it doesn't have to be some elegant way;
if it works, it's OK.

Any suggestions?

                Tommi