Mathematica does not know where are my files. Help!!!

  • Subject: [mg2923] Mathematica does not know where are my files. Help!!!
  • From: sfdiop01 at homer.louisville.edu (Serigne F. Diop)
  • Date: 11 Jan 1996 09:46:26 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at wri.com

Hi guys:

I have been toiling at this one for while. Now I am turning to the gurus
out there.

I had a couple of macros for a Quality Control module that I was coding in
Mathematica.  It worked fine and I save them in a seperate file called
"myqctools". But I wanted to call this file in another notebook, PROOOT,
Mathematica would try to execute the << myqctools command
and display "Could not open myqctools".  I moved the macro file on the
same folder as the Mathematica application, but no juice.
I tried another way using the SetDirectory command, but no juice.  I also
tried coding the thing as a package, but I am afraid that I did some
wrong, Mathematica could not still find it.  This is on a PowerMac 8500.

My questions:
     -where should I have external files for Mathematica to see them?
     _how to create a package, and where to store a newly created one for
Mathematica to see it.

Thanks to anyone who'd help....

Falou.....