Re: Pentium Performance

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4421] Re: Pentium Performance
  • From: pecora at zoltar.nrl.navy.mil (Lou Pecora)
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 23:59:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4snbcu$rra at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, bahder at adelphi-tbb.army.mil
(Thomas B. Bahder) wrote:

> I am considering buying a Gateway G6-200 machine expressly for the
purpose of
> running Mathematica. This is a 200 MHz Pentium P6 machine, that will run
> Windows NT. I have not seen any performance specs reported for this
machine.  I
> would like to know if anyone has any information on this machine, or any
other
> P6 machine.

I think you can get this at   http://smc.vnet.net/mathbench.html

BTW, the PowerMac's typically do very well in Mathematica benchmarks,
often better than some workstations and most Pentiums, as I recall.  You
might want to check them out. The price will not be that different. We've
been very happy with our Mac performances.

To others:  No flames, please, that was just a suggestion.  My intention
is not to start a platform war.  Thanks.

--
Lou Pecora
code 6341
pecora at zoltar.nrl.navy.mil
/* My views are not those of the U.S. Navy.
   If you want their views, you have to go to war. */

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====