Re: ListPlot the output of Print

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4457] Re: ListPlot the output of Print
  • From: wagner at (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 02:37:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <4shubo$g7n at>, Mike <Mike at> wrote:
>How can I easily render the output of a print statement to ListPlot without
>the cut & paste routine.
>Do [ Print[ N[ {x,Sin[x]} ] ] , {x,0,2Pi,Pi/6}]
>{0, 0}
>{0.523599, 0.5}
>I don't want to use Table[] because I need to monitor the output as they get
>printed.Sin[x] is just a simple example, the real function is much more

	Table[ Print[{x, t=Sin[x]}]; {x,t}, {x,0,2Pi,Pi/6}]

You can stick a print statement virtually anywhere if you follow it with
a semicolon.  I'm using a temporary variable t to hold the function result
because I'm assuming it may take a long time to compute.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371
		dbwagner at