Re: graphs to postscript

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4469] Re: graphs to postscript
  • From: vvs124 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au (Victoria Steblina)
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 02:37:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

waldby at glhpx11.cen.uiuc.edu (waldby julian f) wrote:

>I am trying to export some plots from Mathematica into LaTeX, and
>so I need the Mathematica graphs in Postscript form. I used the
>Display command to attempt to do this. However, the result was not
>a full Postscript file. It involved some Mathematica-specific
>Postscript functions, so that it was not stand-alone, and needs
>the function definitions from PS.TXT in my Mathematica directory
>(I am running Mathematica under Windows 3.1 on a PC). I tried including
>this file in its complete form and experienced errors.

>Is there another way to get a full Postscript description of a plot?
>Or is there a better way to include the PS.TXT file?

This works for me:

1. Select graphics cell.
2. Copy it to the clipboard.
3. In the "Edit" menu choose "Convert Clipboard". In the dialog box go
   for Encapsulated PostScript. Click "Save in File".
4. EPSF file generated this way can be placed into LaTeX2e or LaTeX209
   document using, e.g.

  \setlength{\epsfxsize}{6.5cm}                % scaling of the figure
  \centerline{\mbox{\epsffile{graphics.epsf}}}

Cheers,
Vicki

 Victoria Steblina
 vvs124 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au