Re: Abort options in Windows

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4370] Re: Abort options in Windows
  • From: withoff (David Withoff)
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 06:31:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <4r0oli$2va at> Gerry Flanagan <flanagan at>
> Sometimes after hitting an iterrupt on the Windows version of
Mathematica, I
> get the following text printed in the notebook cell
> Your options are:
> 	abort (or a) to abort current calculation
> 	continue (or c) to continue
> 	exit (or quit) to exit Mathematica
> 	inspect (or i) to enter an interactive dialog
> 	show (or s) to show current operation (and then continue)
> 	trace (or t) to show all operations
> How can I actually do any of these things.  The keyboard doesn't respond
> things like "a" for "c".  Normally, things are so fouled up at this
point I
> end up disconnecting from the kernal, but I'm still curious. - Gerry F.

This should never happen.  If this happens, it means that the
kernel thinks it is communicating with a terminal interface
rather than with the front end.  If you find a reproducible
example of this, please report it so we can see that this
gets fixed.

Dave Withoff