Re: c code generation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4393] Re: c code generation
  • From: george at mech.seas.upenn.edu ( George Jefferson )
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 10:21:56 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

:: The whole point of using a tool like Mathematica is to avoid writing C
:: code.  If you must do that, I recommend a standard reference like
:: Numerical Recipies in C.  In any event, Mathematica does not generate C
:: code for you.

hardly the "whole point".  Mathematica is a good tool for preparing
portions source code to send off to another application.

:I am about to release automatic C program(code) generator from Mathematica
:language(McCogen).  Maybe after my defense of MS thesis.

have you looked at  MathSource item # 0205-254  ?

bugger if I can recall the name of the package at the moment...all
I have is that ref number.

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====