MathLink questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4138] MathLink questions
  • From: weber at rhein.iam.uni-bonn.de (Matthias Weber)
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 02:07:07 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Recently there has been some discussion of MathLink here
so I thought I could throw in my own trouble.

I want to add some numerical functions written in C to
Mathematica. Eventually I managed to do so (using CodeWarrior),
and it works fine. But:

i) in 3 of 4 cases, mprep crahes. It crashes less frequently if
   I turn off the memory manager (I am using a power mac 7100).

ii) I have some mysterious crashes when running the compiled program with
    Mathematica like  a frozen cursor. Is there a way to find out whether
    my own program causes the trouble (without tracing through the program).
iii) And actually, how fast is MathLink? That is, should I dare to call
    a MathLink function 10^6 times or should I rather do the whole computation
    in my program and write the result to a giant hard disc?

Matthias

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====