Re: Vector field plotting on Mathematica ??!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4162] Re: [mg4077] Vector field plotting on Mathematica ??!
- From: Robert Pratt <rpratt at math.unc.edu>
- Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 13:24:56 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Check out the standard packages Graphics`PlotField` and Graphics`PlotField3D` Rob Pratt Department of Mathematics The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill CB# 3250, 331 Phillips Hall Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3250 rpratt at math.unc.edu On Fri, 31 May 1996, Jeff wrote: > Hi, > > I keep seeing these mathematica graph of vector fields (you know, with the > arrows, and sometimes even with colors for more information) but I have > yet to find the damn reference in a Mathematica book on how to do it. How > how how? And why would the Mathematica manual have a picture of something > they won't show me how to do? To torture me, I assume! :^) > > Please please please help me - it's driving me crazy. > This should be a pretty standard graphing procedure. > > (I'm trying primarily to plot vector fields in electrodynamics.) > > > -jeff > > ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====