Simplify pole/zero expressions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4170] Simplify pole/zero expressions
  • From: Helge Stenstrom <helge.stenstrom at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 00:51:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Please, can anyone tell me how to simplify electrical transfer
I want to have the result in the form of factors of the form

1 + --
    z1                   s
------           or    -----    or   a
    s                   p0
1 + --

because this clearly shows the positions of poles or zeroes, and
what the flat gain is.

Oh, I forgot that we need second order factors as well, They should
also be in a form of factors that goes  towards 1 when s approaches
zero or infinity (for inverted poles/zeroes).

Is there a package that does this, or is it already built in?
Would it be easy to write code that simplifies expressions
in this way?

Helge Stenstrom
Ericsson Components AB                   e-mail: helge at
Microelectronics division                memo:   ERI.EKA.EKAHEST
S-164 81  KISTA-STOCKHOLM                Phone:  +46-8- 757 4394
Sweden                                   Fax:    just ask