Re: Mathematica graphics into TeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4188] Re: Mathematica graphics into TeX
  • From: vvs124 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au (Victoria Steblina)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 00:55:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there,

>Is there a simple way to incorporate graphics generated by
>Mathematica into a TeX document (specifically AmsLatex 2e).
>I suspect that this involves somehow generating an appropriate
>Postscript file

This works for me:

1. Select graphics cell.
2. Copy it to the clipboard.
3. In the "Edit" menu choose "Convert Clipboard". In the dialog box go
   for Encapsulated PostScript or for Adobe Illustrator 1.1 file (last
   VERY handy for further editing in Adobe Illustrator 88 or 5.5).
   Click "Save in File".
4. EPSF file generated this way can be placed into LaTeX2e or LaTeX209
   document using, e.g.

  \setlength{\epsfxsize}{6.5cm}                % scaling of the figure
  \centerline{\mbox{\epsffile{graphics.epsf}}}

   Make sure that you have    \input{epsf.tex}
   in your document :)

Cheers,
Vicki

 Victoria Steblina                      Email: vvs124 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au

 Optical Sciences Centre                Tel:   61 6 249 5129

 Australian National University         Fax:   61 6 249 5184
 Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====