Max & Min

I am currently preparing a set of course notes on Calculus
using Mathematica for my students. I wonder whether any of
you Mathematica gurus/experts know of any Mathematica
packages or notebooks that can find the maxima/minima of a
continuous/differentiable function defined on a closed
interval. Due acknowledgment will be made. Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chee
Singapore Polytechnic/Singapore

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====