Re: mathematica in C

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg3969] Re: mathematica in C
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 01:47:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <4meodj$jva at>, Yves.Quete at
(quete) wrote:

>         Dear all,
>         I trie to use statisticals functions in a program written in C.
> I saw in the user manual of mathematica that it is possible, but till now
> I do not succeed.
>         If you know other libraries for the same purpose, please tell me
> where to find it and how to use it.
> Thanks advance.

You can call the Mathematica kernel from within your C
program via MathLink, Mathematica's inter-application
communication protocol.

For further information about this I would recommend that
you look at the MathLink Reference Guide, which should have
been included with your copy of Mathematica. I would also
recommend Todd Gayley's MathLink Tutorial, which is
available on MathSource, Wolfram Research's electronic
library of Mathematica materials. It is item number

MathSource is accessible by email (mathsource at,
by anonymous ftp/gopher ( and by
World Wide Web (

I hope this helps.

Ian Collier
Wolfram Research, Inc.
tel:(217) 398-0700   fax:(217) 398-0747    ianc at
Wolfram Research Home Page: