A Questions Involving Solve

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg3878] A Questions Involving Solve
  • From: milewis at (Michael R. Lewis)
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 02:16:22 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a quick question for anyone. I need to solve some equations here is an
example of what I need to solve:

This give me {{x->whatever},{x->whatever}} for each equation. I then need to
set the equations equal to each other and find the ordered pair (x,y) that
satifies A=B. In other words I need to set the solutions of the above
equations (11x-x^2-3y==0 and -5y+4xy==0) and get the ordered pair that
satifies this new equation. I'm having trouble doing this. If anyone can help
it would be greatly appreciated.

Please respond to the newsgroup or better yet to me personally
(milewis at

Thanks in advance,

Mike Lewis

& Michael R. Lewis        email: milewis at  &
& Box 3163                                       &
& 700 Commonwealth Ave.                          &
& Boston, MA 02215        phone: (617) 352-8596  &
& WWW:         &
& "Life is like alot of jazz . . .               &
&  it's best when you improvise."                &