Re: problem with mma and ppp on Mac

>I recently installed FreePPP (1.0.5) on my Centris 610, which uses System
>7.1.
>Every time I launch Mma (2.2.1), it automatically launches the PPP.
>
>Is there some way to configure the Mma so that this doesn't happen?

If you open the FreePPP control panel, you'll see a check box for
disabling auto connect. This will cure the problem. What's happening is
that Mma has a copy protection scheme that checks the network every time
it starts up to see if there's another copy of the kernel with the same
license number running. It's a bug that it also tried to initialize
TCP/IP instead of just Appletalk.

This bug is fixed in 2.2.2.

Lee Larson      http://www.louisville.edu/~lmlars01/     (502)852-6826
Mathematics Department, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====