Do loops

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg3985] Do loops
  • From: g.kokkoris at (Giorgos Kokkoris)
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 02:11:56 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear fellows,
I am having a problem in trying to simulate biological invasions using
Lotka-Volterra dynamics.
I create a do loop with an NDSolve command at the end of it, in which I have
to use results from each iteration as my new initial conditions for the next
run of the do loop.
Obviously it does not work because I don't know how to do it correctly.
In each run the results of the next are independent from the results of the
previous run.
I can be more specific if I have to.
Giorgos D. Kokkoris                  e-mail: g.kokkoris at
Centre for Population Biology        tel: +44-1344-294472
Imperial College at Silwood Park     fax: +44-1344-873173
Ascot, Berks, SL5 7PY