BitMaps and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4052] BitMaps and Mathematica
  • From: John Kessler <s315928 at gettysburg.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 02:48:02 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was wondering if Mathematica was able to produce BitMaps?
I have tried my luck at various Mathematica applications and
even a little programing, but have received no solution.  My
basic problem is that I am trying to create BitMaps in 2 or
3 Dimensions, where a surface or a solid is represented by
numbers.  Different surfaces would be represented by
different numbers.  This problem is challenging for me,
because it must convert the vector space, which Mathematica
normally works in, to this BitMap.  If you have any
suggestions, I would
appreciate you help.

Thanks,
John Kessler