Vector field plotting on Mathematica ??!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4077] Vector field plotting on Mathematica ??!
  • From: biggus at colorado.edu (Jeff)
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 01:34:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I keep seeing these mathematica graph of vector fields (you know, with the
arrows, and sometimes even with colors for more information) but I have
yet to find the damn reference in a Mathematica book on how to do it. How
how how? And why would the Mathematica manual have a picture of something
they won't show me how to do? To torture me, I assume!   :^)

Please please please help me - it's driving me crazy.
This should be a pretty standard graphing procedure.

(I'm trying primarily to plot vector fields in electrodynamics.)

-jeff

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====