mathematica elf

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4073] mathematica elf
  • From: javier at andante.eecs.berkeley.edu (Javier Contreras)
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 01:34:04 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I apologize if this is not the right place for that, but
I have a problem with mathematica for linux 2.2.4.
I am using a design software called Ptolemy that has an
interface with mathematica. Ptolemy is compiled with g++ and
gcc 2.7.0 elf but Mathematica is not, so when using
mathematica, it says:

/home/javier/DistOpt/pigiRpc.ptiny: can't resolve symbol 'MLInitialize'
Vem RPC: connection has been broken.
Vem RPC: client has failed.

I think it is probably due to the library libML.a, does anyone have
a version of this library compiled with elf?

Thanks in advance,

Javier
Javier Contreras
207-15 Cory Hall