how to draw the contour lines on a surface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3902] how to draw the contour lines on a surface
  • From: goffinet <goffinet at cit-novell.univ-st-etienne.fr>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 23:11:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

    Hello

    I'm sure the answer lies somewhere inthe Mathematica journal, but I=20
have been unable to find it

     I want to get an image of a surface (with z=3Dz(x,y) would be a good=
=20
start, with an implicit surface it would be even better) with the lines=20
z=3DConstant drawn on it. I don't want to Solve diff=E9rential equations =
or=20
such, merely to make use of what is already done in ContourPlot (or=20
ImplicitPlot) and to draw the lines on the surface

     How can one get the Lines[... , ... ,   ] which are used by the=20
final display of a ContourPlot?=20

    Thank you to anyone of help! =20
                goffinet

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====