Re: {mg3965] discetisation concave 2D surface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3943] Re: {mg3965] discetisation concave 2D surface
  • From: mmorris at macromedia.com (Michael Morris)
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 03:32:02 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I believe the problem that you're describing is a classic Computational
Geometry problem involving the Delaunay triangulation of an arbitrary
polygon  If so, you should check out the URL
"http://www.geom.umn.edu/software/cglist/";, which lists places on the net
that contain source code and  related documentation on this class of
problems.  Hope this helps.  Michael

>Dear Mathgrouper,
>
>Here is a question that I have been asked to put to your scrutiny by a
>friend (replies to mpj20 at cus.cam.ac.uk):
>
>Is anyone aware of a package, in the public domain,
>which is capable of discretising a concave 2D surface given
>a number of points which describe its outline? In practice,
>the surface might contain a number of internal surfaces
>(or holes) which are themselves known and discretised
>in the same way as the outline.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions concerning this
>problem ?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>

>Henri M.A. Winand
>Rolls Royce U.T.C.