Problems with ReadList[] in 2.2.1 for Students in Windows 95

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5236] Problems with ReadList[] in 2.2.1 for Students in Windows 95
  • From: hamusk at uncc.edu (Andy Musk)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 03:33:52 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Has anyone ever a problem using ReadList to read in data from binary files in
Mathematica for Students 2.2.1 in Windows 95?  When reading in bytes if
Mathematica runs encounters the number 26, it chokes and stops reading the
file.  Also it will sometimes add bytes that do not exist or remove bytes that
do.  Pretty frustrating.  I just need something that reads data directly and
doesn't do any character translation (if that is what is happening).  I
have not encountered this problem on the Solaris version.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Musk
UNCC Physics