Re: Inverse of Error Function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5266] Re: Inverse of Error Function
- From: "David B. Wagner" <dbwagner at princon.com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 02:30:07 -0500
- Organization: Principia Consulting
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Gustav Louw wrote: > > I'm trying to find the inverse of the Error function in MMA. > > I tried using InverseFunction, like this... > > InverseFunction[Erf[z]] > > (-1) > Out= Erf[z] > > But when I tried to find some numerical values i got this ... > > In:= % /. z->1 //N > > (-1) > Out= 0.842701 The function InverseErf is defined in the Statistics`InverseStatisticalFunctions` package in version 2.2. This package has disappear in version 3.0; the functions now seem to be built-in.