Speeding Computations w/ NIntegrate
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5183] Speeding Computations w/ NIntegrate
- From: pdmcd at magicnet.net (Paul McDowell)
- Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 02:23:58 -0500
- Organization: MagicNet, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Fellow Mathematica Hackers,
relatively complicated integrands. The integrands contain confluent
hypergeometric functions, incomplete gamma functions and the like.
I load the packages into a notebook, and then set up a do loop to
evaluate the integrals several times ( on the order of 200 ).
v2.2. I quit all other applications and execute a evaluate entire
notebook. My problem: it is taking 12 hours for some of these integrals
and there was no increase in speed. I am a student, and therefore the
support I get from Wolfram is limited. What can you expect when you
pay less than full price....
note, I am setting MinRecursion->3, MaxRecursion->11 in the options to
NIntegrate. Thanks for any help.
the dangerous one
Prev by Date:
Re: Integration Constants 2
Next by Date:
Re: 3.0 = Rip Roaring Resource Hog :-(
Previous by thread:
WORLDWIDE MATHEMATICA CONFERENCE
Next by thread: