Speeding Computations w/ NIntegrate
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5183] Speeding Computations w/ NIntegrate
- From: pdmcd at magicnet.net (Paul McDowell)
- Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 02:23:58 -0500
- Organization: MagicNet, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Fellow Mathematica Hackers, relatively complicated integrands. The integrands contain confluent hypergeometric functions, incomplete gamma functions and the like. I load the packages into a notebook, and then set up a do loop to evaluate the integrals several times ( on the order of 200 ). v2.2. I quit all other applications and execute a evaluate entire notebook. My problem: it is taking 12 hours for some of these integrals to evaluate. and there was no increase in speed. I am a student, and therefore the support I get from Wolfram is limited. What can you expect when you pay less than full price.... note, I am setting MinRecursion->3, MaxRecursion->11 in the options to NIntegrate. Thanks for any help. Paul McDowell the dangerous one