Re: labelling contours

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5256] Re: labelling contours
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 03:34:04 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <56af8f$j8m at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Isaiah Arkin
<arkin at laplace.csb.yale.edu> wrote:

> Can anyone out there please tell me how one would label the contour
> lines according to their values (if at all possible)
> Thanks for your help.
> Please send Email to my account, as I'm not a frequent surfer of this
> list
> Shy
> --

In his book "Mathematica Graphics: Techniques and Applications", Tom
Wickham-Jones describes an implementation of this. The electronic
supplement to the book is available on MathSource (it is item number
0207-324) and this includes the code to do this..

http://www.mathsource.com/cgi-bin/MathSource/Publications/BookSupplements/Wickham-Jones-1994/0207-324

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier