Re: reading/writing pictures

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg5244] Re: reading/writing pictures
  • From: "Joco Alberto Teixeira Vieira Gomes" <jagomes at>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 03:33:56 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Eric von Lieres <lieres at> wrote in article
<56af1i$j8m at>...
> I wrote a little program to show wavelet transforms in two dimensions.
> Now it would be nice to read some pictures into Mathematica in order
> to manipulate them. The Problem is:
> There is a bunch of file-formats e.g. BMP, JPEG, ... and I do not know
> anything about them. I just want to transform a black and white
> picture into a Mathematica List of grey-scales and vice versa. What
> can I do?
> I do appreciate every hint.
> Eric
> lieres at
I have the same problem. When I tried to send a graph to a file I usually
use the Display function. But when I tried to read that graph file, Mathematica
can't show it.
I think the problem it's in the postscript. There are not iniciation

Joco Gomes