Re: boundary value problems

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4965] Re: [mg4937] boundary value problems
  • From: MATHEWS at
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 00:40:48 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

     Prof. Anand Pillai of Mississippi State asked the question:
How can I solve two-point boundary value ordinary differential
equations using Mathematica?   What function should I use?
Any comprehensive tutorial sites on the Net?  I couldn't find any.

     A complete set of Mathematica Algorithms to accompany the
textbook Numerical Methods: for Mathematics and Engineering
is available at:

     The algorithms that solve the two-point boundary value
ordinarydifferential equations using Mathematica
          Algorithm 9.9.  Linear Shooting Method
          Algorithm 9.10.  Finite-Difference Method

Best Regards,
John Mathews
Math. Dept.
Calif. State U. Fullerton