Re: Reading Binary Files

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4994] Re: Reading Binary Files
  • From: peter at (unk)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 00:41:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <53gpbi$4mf at>, elai at

>The functions in Utilities'BinaryFiles are used to read binary
>data from a file (in fact, it is a gray-scale image file 256x256x8).
>It takes AGES!!
>Dr. Edmund Lai

Go to http://www, an search for fastbinaryfiles, it is a package that
can replace the binaryfiles package. I have used it it seems to work with MaMa
2.2.3 under windows 3.11. I hope it works for win95 also. (There is an
article in Mathematica Journal about this subject that can be helpful)
/peter at