Questions re: Optica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5006] Questions re: Optica
- From: Fisherman <halasz at sprynet.com>
- Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 02:25:51 -0400
- Organization: Sprynet News Service
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Anyone running Optica out there? Do I have things screwed up; or is this the slowest optical package on the market? For a 100 ray trace function, the kernel keeps asking for more RAM (I've got it up to 12MB), and after fifteen minutes or so, I lose my patience. Oh, it's using one of the package demos, a cylindrical light source reflecting into a parabolic mirror. While I'm on my rant, who or what writes the booklets? For function calls, say CircleOfRays, they list the parameters in brackets as 'options', even in the glossary of terms. Couldn't they list what those options _are_, or should I put in something like CircleOfRays[air_conditioning, corinthian_leather]? Any help is much appreciated (can't get to a phone for the next two days during business hours). TIA; Fisherman.