Questions re: Optica

Anyone running Optica out there?

Do I have things screwed up; or is this the slowest optical package on
the market?

For a 100 ray trace function, the kernel keeps asking for more RAM (I've
got it up to 12MB), and after fifteen minutes or so, I lose my patience.

Oh, it's using one of the package demos, a cylindrical light source
reflecting into a parabolic mirror.

While I'm on my rant, who or what writes the booklets? For function
calls, say CircleOfRays[], they list the parameters in brackets as
'options', even in the glossary of terms. Couldn't they list what those
options _are_, or should I put in something like
CircleOfRays[air_conditioning, corinthian_leather]?

Any help is much appreciated (can't get to a phone for the next two days
during business hours).

TIA;

Fisherman.