FindMinimum Termination Criteria?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4777] FindMinimum Termination Criteria?
  • From: dreece at (Daryl Reece)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 13:54:57 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Could someone tell me what criteria is used in FindMinimum to find the
minimum point and to terminate the search?  I'm running FindMinimum on
a function that does not have local minima yet it terminates.  I've
tried upping the MaxIterations and the AccuracyGoal but the results
don't seem to improve.

Thanks in advance,