Re: random number generators

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4834] Re: [mg4758] random number generators
  • From: "Richard L. Bowman" <rbowman at bridgewater.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 01:12:49 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, you wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone out there has done any of the following
> implementations of random number generators in Mma?
>
> I could really use some help here!
>
> The first one is the linear congruential method
>
> Question 1: Linear Congruential Generator (LCG)

You may want to check my web page for a citation of an article I had
published in 1995 in _Computers & Graphics_ evaluating random number
generators using the statistical and graphical capabilities of
Mathematica.  I have a few copies available, if you want one, just let me
know of your desire and address.

Richard
Dr. Richard L. Bowman
Dept. of Physics                         e-mail:  rbowman at bridgewater.edu
Bridgewater College                                  phone:  540-828-5441
Bridgewater, VA  22812                                 FAX:  540-828-5479
  "http://www.bridgewater.edu/departments/physics/bowman/bowman.html";

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====