What is a good way to import figure in MMa3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6935] What is a good way to import figure in MMa3.0
  • From: Shiou-Jhy Ja <jshiouj at radar.ecen.okstate.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:48:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, everybody:
	Recently I've tried to import some figrues produed by other softwares
into MMa 3.0 notebook by using File/Import menu.  The results is not bad
but also not good enough.  I've tried bmp and window metafile format,
and both works.   However, if I try eps format, then I just get a empty
rectangular box.  As to tiff, the  mma seems does not have any response.
	So I tried to use "Insert object" to insert the graphic file(such as
eps, tiff, metafile format) directly .  That is even worse.  I got many
time time "Violation Warning" from window 95 and force me to close
mma3.0.  That's terrible for my unsaved work!  And if I Insert graphics
through the original software( for example VISIO, then it works at
first, then next time when i reopen the file, it will leave a empty box
there).  I just like to know if there's a more stable way to do it.

	Is there anyone have a good idea?  Thank you

Puck