Help with Mathematica Filenames

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8235] Help with Mathematica Filenames
  • From: chewcm at post1.com (C M Chew)
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:16:52 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm not sure if this is the right folder to post to, but I
would appreciate it if anyone out there can help me.

I had Mathematica 3.0 installed in one of my PCs. But
one day after I do some disk management stuff (defrag etc),
on that PC, the software stopped working. After some
investigation, I found out that the long file names in the
Mathematica directory are no longer there. Instead files
are named using DOS 8.3 style, e.g. Mathe~12.exe.

I don't have the install CD with me, so I cannot reinstall.
So can any kind soul send me a list of files in Mathematica
3.0 so I can rename the files back to their original name.
Maybe do a 'dir /s > dir.txt' in the Mathematica directory
and send the 'dir.txt' to me by e-mail. Thanks in advance!