Re: Buckyballs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8289] Re: Buckyballs
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 04:46:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Frank Christiny wrote:

>       Much as I try, I cannot seem to find within my copy of
>    Mathematica 3.0 (for Students) the rendition of a buckyball as it
>    appears in the Summer 1997 issue of MathUser.  (Page: 8; Section:
>    Customizing the Look of Your Notebooks with Options and Styles).
>    Is this an add-on (which I obviously don't have) or am I blind?
>    Please, enlighten me.

1) Click on the notebook front end's Help menu and select "Help".

2) Click the Getting Started/Demos radio button on the Help Browser.

3) Enter the words "Buckyball Construction" in the "Go To" line.

4) Click the Go To button.

If that doesn't bring it up, then you might not have installed the
demo notebooks.  If that is the case, simply copy the file from the
CD.  For Unix and Windows, the directories are:

[CD-ROM mount point]/Unix/Files/Documentation/English/GettingStarted/Demos

[CD-ROM drive letter]:\PC\Files\Documentation\English\GettingStarted\Demos

and the file name is Buckyball.nb.

There is a similar path on the Macintosh partition, but I don't know
the exact structure of the top level directories.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.			http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/