Goofy text behavior

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8327] Goofy text behavior
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at cpkwebser5.ncr.disa.mil>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:24:42 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

--------------DFAE8E8BB14F4491E2329E45

I have been using MMA as a word processor for math symbols.  Wow, what I
did to my Abstract Algebra homework!  I just wonder if any of it is
correct. {;-{)>

I did run into some problems.  The worst thing that I ran into was that
I would find my cursor was not located at the point where the text was
appearing.  It would be a few keystrokes off.  When this happened I
would also have a strange thing happen in the symbol boxes (pink boxes
you get when you put underscores in text)  I would right arrow to the
end of the pink box and the box would dissapear like it should, but the
cursor would go back about two spaces to the left and then start moving
to the right again.  While it was in the pink box is was in the right
place (where the text was appearing).  Often when this happened I would
get a Dr. Watson.  (NT for a core dump).

Does anybody have any views on this?

Steve

--------------DFAE8E8BB14F4491E2329E45

begin:          vcard