Re: Print[] and Mathematica 3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8363] Re: Print[] and Mathematica 3.0
  • From: Mike Tsotros <mtsotros at hol.gr>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 02:23:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Torsten Lilge wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my Mathematica 3.0 for Win95 places each Print[] line in a separate
> cell. How can I change this behaviour in order to get only one cell
> containing multiple Print[] lines (like in Mathematica 2.2)?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Torsten Lilge
> lilge at irt.uni-hannover.de

Myself, I own Mathematica 2.1 and have a similar problem:

Opening a package with one cell, which has been evaluated beforehand, I
try to add a new "Print[expr]" to the same cell and evaluate it again.
The problem is that I get "expr" as an output, while I'm waiting to see
the value of expr, as it was computed the first time.

For example:

      In[]:=       expr=10*10;
		   Print[expr]

      Out[]:=   100  		 <-- this is the first time I run it

      In[]:=       expr=10*10;
		   Print[expr]

      Out[]:=   expr 		 <-- this is the 2nd time I run it

Any suggestions? <:-(