Re: Mma 2.2: Display and PostScript Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8415] Re: Mma 2.2: Display and PostScript Question
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 00:42:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jim Freeze wrote:

> I am using Mma 2.2 on a PC and I am exporting my graphics as
> postscript files using the display function. EG
> Display["file.eps", graphic]
> The generated "file.eps" is of course not a real postscript file.
> On Unix I would run psfix on the resulting file.eps to fix it.
> On a Mac, I would select the graphic and convert it to postscript.
> What do I do on a PC.
> I see a PS.txt file which looks like the ps header, but I cannot find
> a conversion utility.

There's a couple of things you can do.  The notebook front end (at least
on version 2.2.2 and later, I can't remember what it's like on earlier
releases of 2.2) has the ability to export a selected graphic as an EPS
file.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to Mathematica 3.0, where Display has
been modified to accept a third argument that specifies a format (like
EPS, EPS-TIFF, GIF, Windows Metafile, etc.).

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.                  http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/