Re: Combining Plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8073] Re: Combining Plots
  • From: "K. Nikolaj Berntsen" <knb at bkm.dtu.dk>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 03:22:38 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> I want to display two or more joined ListPlots on top of each
> other. My problem is that each of the individual ListPlots is
> being displayed before the combined one. I can't figure out how
> to suppress display of the individual plots.

When the plots are generated supply an option
	DisplayFunction -> Identity
When Showing use the option
	DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction

as in

plot1 = ListPlot[Table[{x,PrimePi[x]},{x,2,50}],
	PlotJoined->True,DisplayFunction -> Identity];
plot2 = ListPlot[Table[{x,LogIntegral[x]},{x,2,50}],
	PlotJoined->True,DisplayFunction -> Identity];
Show[plot1,plot2,DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction];

Happy Computing,
Nikolaj
| Ph.D. stud., cand.scient.				     |
| K. Nikolaj Berntsen					     |
| Office: Department of Structural Engineering and Materials |
|	  Technical University of Denmark		     |
|	  Building 118, room 152			     |
|	  DK-2800 Lyngby				     |
|	  Tel +45 4525 1769				     |
|	  Fax +45 4588 3282				     |