Graphics Grief in Version 3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6066] Graphics Grief in Version 3.0
  • From: morrison at phyast.nhn.ou.edu (michael a. morrison)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 22:02:47 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have been having a great deal of trouble with plot and axes labels
in Version 3 for Win95.  mathematica sometimes ignores some characters
in these labels (especially things like parentheses and Greek
symbols), at other times it spaces words in labels in strange ways, at
other times it seems to work fine (with the same file). I have tried
several styles and lots of different fonts and cannot find a single
one that works correctly consistently.

Have any others come across this problem?  Does anyone know ANY way
around it?  I have tried this on three diferent systems, so I don't
think it's MY installation of Math 3.0. Help!......and
thanks.

michael

Michael A. Morrison
Dept. Physics & Astronomy