Integration Package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6211] Integration Package
  • From: daiyanh at mindspring.com (Daitaro Hagihara)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:55:06 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

essage-Id: <v01540b00af3a38a556a9 at [38.11.35.18]>

To the list:

Not long ago, I was bothered with this problem and since I found a
solution, I thought pass this info along to all.  I hope this isn't a faq.

If you load all Master` files of standard packages in the init`, the
chances are that you are having some major problems with Integration
Package.  Apparently some of standard packages (don't know which one) are
conflicting with Int. Pack.  In the init`, loading Int. Pack. at the
beginning will solve the problems.  The loading code is as follows:

(* Integration packages *)

Begin[ "System`"]

  Off[ General::intinit]

  Get["Integrate`table`"];
  Get["Integrate`main`"];
  Get["Integrate`DefiniteIntegrate`"];

  On[ General::intinit]

  $DumpedPackages = Join[ $DumpedPackages,
     {"Integrate/table.m", "Integrate/main.m"}]

End[]

This is on the Mac BTW.  On Unix, however, there is a fat kernel option
which already includes Int. Pack. to begin with, so no problem of this sort
on the Unix side, I believe.  In the old days, there was an option to load
Int. Pack. at the Mma startup.  This is no longer true in v. 2.2.2 (I
wonder why).  Now, if someone happens to know exactly which packages are
conflicting with Int. Pack. and why, I'm rather curious to know.  The sol'n
I put here is legitimate nevertheless (I simply copied the relevant part
from the distribution).

Daitaro Hagihara