Concerning subscripts, etc....

I thought mma 3 would solve my subscripting problems...it did, but the
waters were a little muddy....

In order to fully utilize subscripted variables, you will need to load
the package "Utilities`Notation`". This package has a function called
Symbolize[]. The purpose of Sybmolize[] (put simply, and maybe too
loosely) is to bind the subscript to the variable. It works, it also
loads a palatte to make things easier (ha.ha). The package is part of
the standard distribution with mma 3.

You should be able to load the package by issuing:

Needs["Utilities`Notation`"]

then issue

??Symbolize

to get the information you need on how to use it.

I hope this helps.

john