Concerning subscripts, etc....
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6177] Concerning subscripts, etc....
- From: "John L. Seger" <jseger at maine.rr.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:52:27 -0500
- Organization: Road Runner - Portland, ME
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I thought mma 3 would solve my subscripting problems...it did, but the waters were a little muddy.... In order to fully utilize subscripted variables, you will need to load the package "Utilities`Notation`". This package has a function called Symbolize. The purpose of Sybmolize (put simply, and maybe too loosely) is to bind the subscript to the variable. It works, it also loads a palatte to make things easier (ha.ha). The package is part of the standard distribution with mma 3. You should be able to load the package by issuing: Needs["Utilities`Notation`"] then issue ??Symbolize to get the information you need on how to use it. I hope this helps. john