Re: Boundary value problems in Mathematica 3.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5841] Re: Boundary value problems in Mathematica 3.0
- From: saarinen at mallorn.com (Sirpa Saarinen)
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:30:05 -0500
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
bpsafran at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il (Sam Safran) writes: >[ Clipped from: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica ] >Is this the situation for Mathematica 3.0 on other machines >(e.g. Mac) and is it true that the boundary value problems >are only for linear differential equations? Are there any >packages or add-ons that will do non linear equations with >two point boundary conditions? Yes, this is true. Mathematica 3.0 only solves linear boundary value problems. I do not know the answer to your second question, maybe someone else can answer this. Sirpa Saarinen saarinen at wolfram.com