  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5857] Importing IGES files in Mathematica
  • From: raghavan at fusiform.surgery.pitt.edu (M.L. Raghavan)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:30:27 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Is it possible to import an IGES file from inside Mathematica ? I have
created 3D surfaces in Pro-engineer and would like to somehow open it
from Mathematica.  Or is there someother format (instead of IGES)
that I can export to from PRO-E and import from, from Mathematica

Basically, the reason I want to d this is because, I find it much
easier to animate something in Mathematica that anywhere else.

Thanks.

Raghavan
M.L. Raghavan
Doctoral Student (Bioengineering Program)
University of Pittsburgh

raghavan at fusiform.surgery.pitt.edu