Re: Re: Re: Image Processing: Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5871] Re: [mg5797] Re: [mg5768] Re: Image Processing: Mathematica?
  • From: Dag Spicer <spicer at leland.Stanford.EDU>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:31:12 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 27 Jan 1997 seanross at worldnet.att.net wrote:

You might try converting the bitmap you have to a standard TIFF, using
some graphics program that supports those formats (i.e. read in the
file and save it as a TIFF).

Then I would checkout the ReadTIFF package by Simon Chandler on
Mathsource.  Be forewarned this package needs the fast binary files
package by Todd Gayley also on mathsource.  I have not been able to get
this latter package to work on my system ( PC running NT4.0 with math. ver
3.0).  However it does seem to install smoothly on a typical powermac.

An alternative would to check out the electronic supplement to A.B.
Watson's article in The Mathematica Journal.  He has a ShowImage[]
command which will display imagedata stored as a matrix (list of lists)
of grayvalues.

Dag Spicer
spicer at leland.stanford.edu

--
                     Dag Spicer  -  Stanford University
	              E-m: spicer at leland.stanford.edu
                P.O. Box 7027 Stanford, CA 94309  U.S.A.
	History of Science, Technology, Semiconductor Process Engineering