Re: Peak fitting

Mark Dowell wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> does anyone know of any packages or notebooks written for fitting multiple
> peaks to a dataset (list), particularly LogNormal distributions (i.e. sum of
> LogNormal components).
>
> Mark
> Mark Dowell                                     Ispra, I-21020, (VA)
> Marine Environment Unit TP 272                  Italy.
> Space Applications Institute                    E-mail: mark.dowell at jrc.it
> Joint Research Centre                           Talk: dowell at biscay.jrc.it
> Ispra Site                                      Phone: +39-332-789873
> Commission of the European Communities          Fax: +39-332-789034

You might want to take a look at Experimental Data Analyst. Among many
other useful features it also included peak finding and peak fitting
routines.
For more information take a look at
http://www.wolfram.com/applications/eda/index.html or our catalog, which
you can order at http://www.wolfram.com/cgi-bin/catalog.pl.